spinning in circles

Thursday, November 01, 2007

definitely insane

I've definitely gone crazy. If you haven't noticed (how could you not), I am really bad at updating. I mean, so bad that I've had my blog for over a year and I only have 20-something posts. That's not good. It's been way over a month since my last post. I often think things like "I should so blog this!" all the time, but then I the day goes on and I just forget.

In an effort to make it a habit, I've joined National Blog Posting Month. The goal is to post everyday for the month of November. This will be a drastic change from my usual blogging and I'm really going to try to do it. I doubt that it'll be hard to find something to talk about since my last update was in September. But I think that if I get in the habit of posting every day of November, maybe it won't be hard to post more often for the rest of the year.

Ok, onto actual fiber content.
Because it's been so long, I should probably start with old news first. If you haven't heard, Mom got a wheel. No pictures yet but it's a Louet Victoria in the oak finish. She keeps telling everyone I stoal it from her but that's so not true. When she first got it, she was getting ready for the Northern Michigan Lamb and Wool Festival so, she didn't have a lot of time to play with it and I did. We first bought some roving to play around with at our first Spinner's Flock meeting. One of the balls was a cormo/corriedale cross. After a little playing around, I spun up what was left of that ball into a 2 ply sport weight.

cormo and corriedale

Then, when we went to the Spinner's Flock Fleece Fair, I was feeling the fall colors, so I went home with 2 balls, 4oz. each of orange.

Orange

The plan is to take a singles of each and ply them together.

Just to throw in some knitting content, in October, I finished my socks -to-be-knitted-at-school! At first I was going to knit stockinette socks and just let the yarn do what it wanted but then Mom mentioned they would make great Monkeys, so I ripped and started some toe-up. I knit all of the foot before I told her that I didn't like the way the colors were pooling. When I showed her what I meant, she liked them a lot so I just decided to leave them as-is and give them to her.

bleeding monkeys

She wore them for the October Spinner's flock meeting and they made her feet turn colors!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    You're back! Woo! I think I'm also going to try to post everyday this month, although I'm not going to commit to anything so I won't feel too badly if I don't. I should have a post up tonight some time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home