spinning in circles

Saturday, August 25, 2007

FiberFest!!

OK, so I did go to the Fiberfest with Elizabeth and it was loads of fun. We probably walked through all the barns 2 or 3 times just looking at stuff. When we walked passed the concession stand, I heard someone say,"See, there are other girls your age here." It was awesome to talk about stuff like color pooling, spinning, and dpn sock needles with someone my own age and not be looked at like I'm absolutely insane. I did buy some stuff.

alabama #46 from little barn inc

First, I got 2 pounds of roving from Little Barn (pics to come as soon as I get a good one). When we were looking tents outside the barns, the Little Barn tent had a really long line so we had to go see what that was about. I've been wanting to make a sweater out of handspun, only I didn't want it out of just any handspun. I've been looking for something with colors combed together. And when I saw this, I liked it but, I didn't buy it right away because of two things, 1. I didn't want to buy anything until we had looked everywhere, just incase I saw something later and 2, I wasn't sure how soft it would be since it was all packaged up into 8oz bags. There was a hole in one of the bags big enough for a finger but you can't really tell how something feels with just one finger.
I came back later and finally decided to take a chance and buy it. When I got in line, I only had a pound and a half (I reasoned that I would make a sweater with 3/4 sleeves). But standing there, I was thinking out loud, maybe I should go get another one. I mean, what if I run out? Elizabeth asked if I wanted her to go get another bag. I said no but after a few minutes, I was like, if I get another bag, even if I don't use it for a sweater it won't really go to waste right. The chick in front of me over heard and she said something to the tune of, you'll find something to use it for. So I finally caved and went back to grab a 4th bag and when I came back to the line, the girl infront of me goes, content now?

august pics 001

Later on, I bought a braid from The Yarn Hollow. It's an 80/20 merino/silk blend, 5.6oz. I don't know what to do with it yet. It's just so pretty and soft, I had to have it.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:54 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    That was such a fun day! I can't wait to see some spun yarn!

    I don't know if your blog isn't posting right, or if my bloglines isn't getting the feed right because I've checked your blog a few times and your vacation post was the most recent until yesterday when your blogiversary post was up and now I'm seeing your fiber festival post. The dates are all from when I'd expect them to be, but I'm not seeing them until almost a week or so later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home