spinning in circles

Friday, June 15, 2007

Not what I planned

OK, so I had this nice long post about how I have too many socks, and stuff, but, apparently, some pictures on Mom's computer are screwed up. And of course, I deleted all the pictures off the camera when I put them on the computer. So, instead, I'll write about something else.

The past few weeks, I've been trying to set up a knitting group with a few of my friends from school who want to learn/ already know but need some help. So far, I've got my friend, Chanel helping to get people who are interested. She's very enthusiastic so, that helps because I'm so not. She already knows how to knit but, she says she's got a problem with accidently increasing stitches somewhere along the line. Also coming is my friend, Emily P. She was in Japanese 1 class with Chanel and me. Her Grandma taught her how to knit and I taught her how to purl in class (Sensei wasn't too happy). She kept stealing the sleeves I was knitting (for my Under the Hoodie sweater but more on the sweater when I have pictures.) to practice. But, anyway, we're meeting for the first time tomorrow and I'm really excited to go knit with some people my age. It's not that I don't like knitting with people like Mom's age and like the ladies in the knitting guild but, it'll be nice to hang out and knit with a group where I'm not the youngest.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Monika said…

    Hi Emily, I've come over from Spun STitches. I'm sooooooooo impressed with your projects! I love the entrelac socks. I made a pair as well, but after a different pattern. The entrelac blanket will be wonderful. I happen to love blankets in all sizes, I've always got one going. I can't believe yo spin your yarn on a drop spindle. You must be very patient. I started spinning this May, but I needed a wheel real quick. Your spindle is beautiful! I think I'll be visiting here often, because every single projects looks great!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home