spinning in circles

Monday, February 05, 2007

wow, it's been a long time

Wow, it's been a long time since I updated. Let's see..... what have I been up to? Oh, yeah, there was Christmas. Look what I got for Christmas!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It's a Golding spindle!! with a purple heart whirl done in the tsunami design, the 2 inch model. It's so pretty and I can spin really really thin singles on it. Ok, what else....? Oh, I showed Alex the blanket I'm making him.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I still have a lot to go before that's done. This picture was taken in December. All through December we had barely any snow and it felt more like spring than winter. Then, when the end of January came around, we suddenly have snow. Lots of it. It's so cold here now but not as cold as it is where the Yarn Harlot lives, thank god. Oh, yeah, I turned 16 last month on the fourth. most people get cars on their 16th birthday. I got fiber, beautiful, soft fiber! We visited Jehovah Jireh Farm sometime between Christmas and New Years and mom and dad let me pick out 3 different 8 oz. balls of roving.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I got this one, called Tropical Sunset, 15% rayon, 60% wool, and 25% mohair. The outside pieces are more pink but the middle is really orangy and purple-y. Then, I got

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

this. Timberwolf, 20% merino, 30% coopworth, 30% gulf coast wool, and 20% mohair. I still haven't spun any of this yet.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also got this. This was the last one I chose. There were so many different choices that I ended up going "eenie meenie miney moe" because it was just hard to choose. It's French Lilacs, made of 40% mohair and 60% wool. I really really want to make a sweater or something with this. Dad said that we might drive to the mill again because I have some birthday money to spend.

Oh, if you haven't already heard from my mom's blog, Robin, my oldest sister had a baby!! I'm an aunt! His name is Harris Peter and he was born on the 29th of January. I already knit him a sweater that just needs the ends and seams sewn in. I'll post a picture of it as soon as I'm done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home