spinning in circles

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

busy

Lately, I've been busy with school. But, I have been doing some knitting and spinning. I'm only a beginner at spinning.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is the first yarn I've ever spun. I never really found out what it's made of but, I really like that shade of purple. I finished spinning it in August but, I didn't do anything with it until Friday night when I started the "My So-Called Scarf". I finished it in my math class yesterday.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The pattern looks great with this yarn because I left in all the slubs I made when I was spinning it. After I finished it, I wore it around my neck for the rest of the school day and showed it off even though it was like 70 outside.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also made a few Garterlac dishcloths from the pattern on Criminy Jickets. Mom liked them so much when she made them so I figured I'd try making a few. That was the first time I've ever done any thing Entrelac-ish before.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is me hiding behind the Forest Canopy shawl I made for my pal for the International Scarf Exchange. It hasn't been blocked yet but it's really pretty.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is what I'm spinning right now (click the pic for a larger view). I'm trying to make it thinner than sport weight. I'm planning to make the Forest Canopy shawl with it but, it's going to be bigger. That skein is 234 yards. When I winded it on to the niddy-noddy I couldn't believe how much yarn was there. And then I realized that I was using the middle piece that made it a 1 and 1/2 yard niddy-noddy and did the math. I was so surprised that I had to go write down the yardage on a tag and tie it to the skein. I'm pretty sure that I'll have enough yarn to make a pretty big shawl because I have 3/4 of the batt still left to spin. I'm hoping that there will be enough leftover to make a pair of socks, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home