spinning in circles

Saturday, May 19, 2007

7 random things

No knitting in this post because apparently, Mom has tagged me for the 7 random things meme that has been going around.
  1. One of my favorite foods is tomato soup but I hate ketchup.
  2. My Arwyn sweater was the first time I've ever used my money to buy yarn. Sure, I've used Dad's money and I've begged Mom to buy stuff for me until she did, but never has it been my money.
  3. I went to chicago as a field trip with my high school orchestra (I play violin) yesterday and even though we were only in the sun for like less than a half hour, I still got sunburned on my shoulders. I was the only one coming home burned.
  4. Even though I can't speak japanese, I listen to a lot of music from Japan. Well, ok, I'm taking Japanese at my school and I know a little but not enough to follow all the lyrics of the songs.
  5. I'm pretty nerdy. I'm good at math and last year, for my fifteenth birthday, I got a TI-84 Plus graphing calculator.
  6. Aside from the caculator thing, here's another way I'm nerdy: I have my library card number memorized. No big deal, right? Or atleast it would be if it wasn't a 14 digit long number.
  7. If you haven't guessed from #6, here's a kind of obvious one, I read a lot. In 7th grade, we had a reading auction where we got points for all the hours we read that year, and we used the points to bid on stuff like candy and pop and stuff. I had the most points, beating another girl by like ten. I got most of the candy and my favorite kinds of pop.

I'm not passing this off to anyone because I'm a little late to the game (and there's not many people that haven't done it yet).

2 Comments:

  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    perhaps the memorizing the library card number thing is genetic -- i have my 14-digit number memorized, too. oh, and a bunch of people's social security numbers are stuck in my head as well. em, you're not the only nerd in the family!

     
  • At 1:21 AM, Blogger Designs By Ladadajo said…

    Hey, I memorized my library card # when I was like 7, and I'm afraid to get a new one because I'll forget it ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home